POSTERS PREPARATION AND MOUNTING
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING & PRESENTING
- Poster presentation sessions are scheduled during Monday, May 20, 2002 to Friday, May 24, 2002.
Before the Symposium, poster presenters will be provided with a poster floor
plan and allocated a poster panel number. Poster presentation and the poster
floor plan will be published in the Symposium Program.
- Posters are to be mounted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 (17:00 - 20:00) and on Monday, May 20, 2002 (08:00 - 19:00) and removed by
13:00 on Friday, May 24, 2002.
- Posters will be displayed on a free standing vertical board. The poster
presentation dimensions should be 1.20m high by 0.80m wide.
- Photographs and diagrams should be large enough to be "read" at a distance
- All text lettering should be large enough to be legible at a distance of
1.5m. Lettering used for titles should be 20mm minimum. Large type from a word
processor, photo-enlarged typing, stenciling, rub-down letters (e.g. Letraset)
are recommended for text and captions. Freehand lettering is not recommended
except for last-minute alterations. All text must be in English.
Posters should include the name(s) and affiliations of the authors.
- All posters must carry the full title exactly as it appears in the
accepted abstract of the contribution.
- In preparing the poster one should not attempt to detail the paper's
entire research history. Data should be limited to support conclusions and
they should be kept to a minimum in favour of diagrams and photographs.
- Presenters are expected to be in attendance at their poster during the
scheduled viewing times to answer questions and discuss their material. They
are also encouraged to advise on their poster other times when they are
available to discuss their work.
Please Download the Confirmation
Form of Poster Presentation
(100 kb). It is Implied that
if this form is not received by the Symposium Secretariat on time, the poster
will be considered as withdrawn.
The poster boards are aisle stands.
Posters may be attached to the standing board using either
a) "blue tack"
b) "velcro" tape
c) double sided adhesive tape
Poster presenters do not have to worry about bringing along
with them such adhesives.
Appropriate adhesive material will be available at
the Symposium Desk.